- VOL soap, being a natural product with no preservatives and stability systems, should be cared at storage.
- It should be stored at room temperature (up to 35 degree Celsius), away from direct sunlight, in low humidity environments and away from direct exposure to water
- Allow it to dry after each use
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Olefin Sulfonate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Polyquaternium 39, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Powder, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Limonene, Olea Europaea Fruit (Olive) Oil, Malaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Laurus Nobilis (Laurel) Oil, Linalool, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil
VOL is a pure, natural, traditionally handmade soap made from high quality extra virgin olive oil PDO of Kalamata. Olive oil soap helps skin retain youth by hydrating and moisturizing it, nourishing it and maintains its elasticity, mainly because of its content in oleic acid. Olive oil is also rich in antioxidants, polyphenols, Vit E and vitamin K, other beneficial substances.
Properties of VOL Soaps
VOL soap consists of 85 - 100% olive oil as percentage of all fat content of the soap. The chief fatty acid of OO is oleic acid (55-85%) which:
- easily penetrates the skin
- allows skin damage to heal
- reduces wrinkles
- improves skin texture
- has therapeutic properties (eczema, psoriasis)
- is suitable for even the most sensitive skin types
- the higher the quality of the olive oil, the higher the content of oleic acid.
SAPONIFICATION METHOD: COLD PROCESS
Oils are heated only up to 40C.
Therefore they preserve their useful ingredients and keep intact their advantageous functions to maintain their beneficial properties.
Oils used in cold process have to be naturally pure. We use Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Natural or Organic Agriculture depending on the Brand Line.
Soap does not lose its natural glycerin.
Cold process saponification requires minimal amount of energy and water.
The method produces minimal quantities of waste, which are biodegradable.
This method helps maintain the beneficial properties of the oil’s constituents.
VOL soap is entirely hand produced, from the beginning of production to the end of it. We use honey, beeswax, goat's milk, oats, fleur de sel from Mani. Natural colors and essential oils - the best of such materials, approved by the relevant agencies - are added to the artistic series of our soap.
VOL soap is:
Superfatted, so no free alkali is present and no risk of damage to the skin exists.
Superfatting has beneficial effects for the skin
- Because of the free olive oil in the soap.
- Because it ensures safety to the skin and mucous membranes.
- Paraben free
- Environmentally friendly
- Free of chemical preservatives
- Dermatologically tested by laboratory methods
- NOT tested on animals
About Vis Olivae:
Vis Olivae is a Greek company that operates in the field of natural and organic personal care products. We take care of each bar of our soap and each one of our other products as unique creations, as the only piece of this product in the world. For us, the quality, the esthetic as well as the cosmetic value of our products and their acquaintance with the global consumer is a serious challenge and at the same time a great pleasure.
Our Ethical Etiquette
- Premium quality
- Consumer safety and satisfaction
- Sustainability of materials & resources
- Primarily use of local raw material
- No use of health disturbing chemicals
- No animal testing
- Lowest possible environmental footprint:
- Low energy production
- No production wastes
- Less packaging mostly recyclable
- Biodegradable products