A few words about natural sea sponges
Natural Sea Sponges have been used for bath and body care for thousands of years. They are multicellular organisms that live in the oceans throughout the world and are found in a wide variety of colors, shapes, and sizes.
Natural sponges are collected in a sustainable manner by licensed sponge divers. They always aim to cut the sponge so that it can regrow again.
Characteristics of natural sea sponges
Natural sea sponges of high quality are:
- High absorbent and super soft when wet.
- Antibacterial and antifungal and thus ideal for the care of the sensitive skin of babies and children.
- Super elastic, durable and long-lasting.
- 100% organic, hypoallergenic and fully biodegradable.
What are the benefits of using a natural sponge over a synthetic sponge?
Natural sponges soak up and hold more water. They are more absorbent and ideal for bathing and cleaning.
Natural sea sponges are more durable and last longer when properly used. They do not peel off, fall apart or shrink like the artificial sponges.
They are extremely soft and do not irritate sensitive skin.
They are naturally antibacterial, hypo-allergenic and toxin free. They don’t stain or retain odors.
They are 100% natural, eco-friendly and biodegradable.
How to use natural sea sponge
- Natural sea sponge is suitable for body cleansing. It can be used for mild exfoliation as it cleanses the pores and removes dead cells. Wet your sponge in lukewarm water, add few drops of your cleanser and apply in a circular motion.
- Sea sponges can also be used for face cleansing and for the removal of cosmetics. Wet your sponge and massage gently with soap.
- Sea sponges are also the most natural and healthy way to cleanse your baby’s skin as they are toxin free, hypoallergenic and eco-friendly.
How to extend the life of your natural sea sponge:
- Clean the sponge when necessary. Wet it in hot water, massage real soap into it, leave it to stand for a few minutes and then rinse it in hot water.
- To sterilize a sponge, soak a cleaned sponge in a bowl of hot water containing vinegar or essential oils such as tea tree. Then rinse the sponge.
- Allow the sponge to air dry after use.
- Never wring a sponge, but squeeze it instead.
- Never place the sponge in boiling water or a heater.
Where can you find high quality sea sponges?
Take a look here